RAFTERS & CEILING CLEANING
Rafter and ceiling cleaning removes dust, dirt, grease, and other materials commonly found on the high surfaces of manufacturing and production facilities.
Why should you have your rafters and high ceilings cleaned?
- Vibrations in the facility can shake built up dust loose, causing it to contaminate the production below.
- Piles of dust and dirt can become breeding grounds for mites, mold, bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants.
- Some dusts can become a fire hazard when built up on high surface areas. Numerous explosions have occurred when built up dust created an explosive dust cloud.
- OSHA & the NFPA can give violations and fines for having unsafe levels on dust on ceilings and rafters.
- Chunks of this collected debris can enter the ventilation and clog up the HVAC system.
- Can cause odors and break down the surface it’s on, causing rust or rot.
- Aesthetic reasons, visible dirt collected on surfaces can make a workplace unattractive.
- To prepare surfaces for painting or other maintenance work.
- Creates poor indoor air quality, which according to the EPA is a leading environmental threat and cause of airborne sickness.
We specialize in cleaning projects for commercial and industrial facilities, and we’re focused on safety. Our technicians are OSHA trained, experienced working on high surfaces, and we’re experts in combustible dust safety.
COMBUSTIBLE DUST CLEANING
Any combustible material can burn rapidly when in a finely divided form. If such a dust is suspended in air in the right concentration, under certain conditions, it can explode. Even materials that do not burn in larger pieces (such as aluminum or iron) can be explosive in dust form, given the proper conditions.
Fortunately, our team of professionals provides rafter and combustible dust cleaning to eliminate this risk. Rest assured that our employees always employ the newest and safest techniques to this service along with all other services provided by Legacy Maintenance Services.
You can keep your working environment safe and avoid quality control problems with rafter and ceiling cleaning. And, with good coordination and scheduling, high surface cleaning doesn’t have to wait for shutdown.
A wide variety of materials can be explosive in dust form. Some examples include: food (e.g., candy, sugar, spice, starch, flour, and feed), grain, tobacco, plastics, wood, paper, pulp, rubber, furniture, textiles, pesticides, pharmaceutical, dyes, coal, metals (e.g., aluminum, chromium, iron, magnesium, and zinc), and fossil fuel power generation.
Combustible dust explosions can be very dangerous in an unanticipated event. Plus, many of these explosions can ignite one or multiple subsequent explosions. Don’t leave the risk of a potent explosion to chance—call Legacy today to schedule rafter and combustible dust cleaning. You can get back to focusing on business operations—not worrying about dust.
Before & After
Before & After
OUR HIGH SURFACE CLEANING INCLUDES:
- Ceiling Truss
- Exterior of ductwork
- Exhaust hood ventilation
- Storage racks/shelving
- Fire suppression systems
- Ceiling Deck
- And other elevated structural components
CONCRETE FLOOR GRINDING
Eliminate Concrete Hazards
Diamond tools are an ideal way to smooth out bumps and trip-hazards in concrete floors. It is not unusual for adjacent floor slabs to have slightly different elevations, but grinding concrete with diamonds is the least expensive way to eliminate these problem areas.
Concrete Grinding is Often Used to Fix the Following:
- Uneven joints creating possible trip hazard
- Spalled areas and deteriorating surfaces
- Old paint, coatings, adhesives, and mastics that need removed
- Uneven floor level making tile and flooring difficult or impossible to install
- Poor concrete installation
- Surface is too rough for bare feet
- Chemical free process
- Increased traction
- Production time is greater than shot blasting and scarifying
- Renewed surface opened to receive new coating or flooring
- Eliminate trip and fall hazards
- Reduced Prep time for flooring installation
- Cleaned Surface