COVID-19 has impacted and continues to affect the health of businesses and people worldwide. To help mitigate uncertainty and ensure your safety at work, we’ve developed this guide based on specialized commercial disinfecting and cleaning expertise – specifically dealing with COVID disinfection services.
In the midst of the coronavirus, Legacy Maintenance Services can provide a sanitization solution to help enhance your and your employees’ peace of mind. By utilizing our electrostatic Vital Oxide (disinfectant) fogging method, Legacy’s process will kill 99.9% of noroviruses and rotaviruses (including coronavirus).
Vital Oxide is an EPA registered disinfectant, and is ‘food-safe’ (does not need to be rinsed from food contact utensils). It is non-corrosive, and will not harm sensitive electronic equipment. Compared to other methods, there are two major advantages to utilizing our electrostatic disinfectant fogging method.
- The spray droplets are much finer and make a better, more impactful contact with surfaces.
- Electrostatic sprayers charge the vapor droplets causing them to wrap around objects (i.e., underside of desks, etc.), ensuring that all contact surfaces are treated.
COVID-19 Incident Mitigation Service
If a case of COVID-19 is suspected or confirmed at your facility, Legacy Maintenance Services is prepared to perform COVID-19 Incident Mitigation Services. The COVID disinfecting services could include (but not be limited to):
- ULV disinfectant fogging/misting using EPA approved, food-safe disinfectants.
- Common area ‘touch point’ sanitization (e.g., bathrooms, breakrooms, etc.).
- ‘Hard surface’ (e.g., desktops, tables, floors, etc.) cleaning and sanitization.
- ‘Soft surface’ (e.g., carpet, upholstery, etc.) cleaning and sanitization.
If an incident occurs, LMS recommends the following guidelines:
- Inform your LMS contact as to when the incident was suspected or confirmed, and when the presumed infected person was last in the building.
- If possible, clear the areas the infected person(s) frequented for 24 hours (or as long as possible) before LMS Technicians arrive. This is a CDC recommendation, and gives time for any aerosolized virus to settle.
- If possible, ventilate the area in question to the outside air (CDC recommendation).
- Notify LMS if any biological fluids (e.g., blood, vomit, etc.) are present.
- Report to LMS any attempts that may have already been made to clean or disinfect the area in question.
- Discuss with you LMS contact what service(s) (as shown above) LMS should include in your mitigation service scope.
Please note that Legacy Maintenance Services cannot ensure complete disinfection of your space, and that these services are intended to help you mitigate (i.e., lessen, control) the spread of the virus in your workspace.
Our COVID Disinfection Services are Here for You
We recognize that these are critical times for you, your staff, and your business. Legacy Maintenance Services is dedicated to providing you with careful, conscientious service in the wake of this crisis.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us.